Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Marilyn Manson Has 'A Hard Time Liking' Lady Gaga's Music

In a new interview, Manson says while he 'appreciates' Gaga, he's not exactly a fan of her music.
By James Montgomery

<P>Marilyn Manson can get down with pretty much anything &#8212; <a href="http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Phantasmagoria:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll" target="_blank">Lewis Carroll</a>, <a href="/news/articles/1649632/eastbound-amp-down-star-gets-weird-e-mails-from-marilyn-manson.jhtml">"Eastbound &amp; Down,"</a> corsets, all manner of debauched darkness &#8212; but he apparently draws the line when it comes to Lady Gaga's music.</P><P>In a new interview with U.K. website <a href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a393945/marilyn-manson-on-lady-gaga-i-have-a-hard-time-liking-her-music.html" target="_blank">Digital Spy</a>, Manson was asked about Gaga's stage show and the influence his two-decade career seems to have had on it. And though he admitted he "appreciates" Gaga &#8212; who, it should be noted, is a fan and has even featured Manson on a remix of her hit "Love Game" &#8212; he's not about to add her to his Spotify playlist anytime soon. Though, surprisingly, he <i>will</i> jam some Kylie if the situation demands it.</P><P>"I like the general idea of what she's about. I have a hard time liking her music; it's just not the style of music I like," Manson said. "And I like a lot of music that is in that vein; I like Kylie Minogue sometimes ... I like Justin Timberlake over Lady Gaga, just musically."</P><P>And while Manson was quick to add that he's not taking shots at Gaga, he did take issue with her ever-evolving look, saying he prefers to remain loyal to his roots.</P><P>"I prefer the Salvador Dal&#237; approach, where you stick to one great thing that you're great at, and you do a lot of eccentric, different elements to your imagination. For me, I paint, or I'll do a movie or perform, but at the same time, I don't try to have a different look every single moment," he said. "I think it's more ephemeral, because people like to identify with one single thing; but I'm not one to knock her, she's obviously succeeded in what she's done."</P><P>Still, as far as beefs go, this one is pretty tame, and Manson ended his diatribe by once again saying his only issue with Gaga has nothing to do with the Mother Monster herself; it's the music, pure and simple.</P><P>"It's not exactly the type of thing that I'd find myself listening to," he said. "That doesn't mean I don't like her."</p>

Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1690020/marilyn-manson-hard-time-liking-lady-gaga-music.jhtml

Gina Philips Gisele Bündchen Giuliana DePandi

No comments:

Post a Comment